September 18, 2010

Utter Chaos

I finished Peanut's sweater the other day so I went in search of a small project to give myself a break from the Christmas sweaters.

My search led me to something I can only describe as Dungeons and Dragons meets knitting. While at Ewe Count last week my mother and I ran across a small bag of dice. Finding this an odd item to find at a knitting store so I investigated further and found "Dicey Knitting". Dicey Knitting was designed by Ray Whiting in 2009. The bag contains five dice and instruction sheet for knitting your own unique "chaos scarf". The chaos scarf is created by knitting what you roll with the dice.
I started knitting using the dice yesterday with some left over yarn I have been hanging onto forever and came up with a beautiful piece of fabric and a great idea. I plan to knit one "chaos scarf" between each finished project using up my remnants, then sew them all together and see what I come up with. I can't wait to finish another project so I can try another roll of the dice.

No comments:

Post a Comment