September 19, 2010

Coloring Outside The Lines

Boo and I did some coloring outside the lines today. We finally got to try out his new art set. I picked it up this summer while making paintings for the kids room. It took us so long to try this set out because I quickly realized that an art project and a toddler is more of an all encompasing task than I realized. I thought if I just gave him something to do like what I was doing he wouldn't try to help me or throw a tantrum. It turned out to be one of my many naive new parent moments. Needless to say we have been so busy adjusting to having a new little one we hadn't pulled out his new crayons yet.

We had a great time. The Crayola Tadoodles are very similar to Weebles, they weeble and they wobble but they don't fall down. They are markers just the right size for little hands shaped like different animals. They are very cool all by themselves but I managed to pick up the Scribble and Sing Art Station on clearance to go with them. The station sings, talks, and tells you what color the crayon animals are when you put them in it. I was impressed by the easy clean-up too. I only had to use a wet rag to clean up Boo and the table. This is definately a toy we will have lots of fun with.

No comments:

Post a Comment