September 22, 2010

Finally, We're Getting To The Good Stuff

When I was a little girl part of me wished I was a boy, they always had the best toys. Now I am the mother of a little boy and I have an excuse to play with the good stuff. Up until now Boo's toys have been pretty boring. Infant and toddler toys are at best irritating but do offer the reward of watching a young life learn new things.
Today Boo started playing with his Mega Blocks! He was actually puttung them together and making things. This is the first step to Legos; I love Legos. I had all kinds of them when I was little. My dad and I would buy the different sets, one of my favorites was the big pirate ship. We would put them together once and play with them a bit, then tear them apart and make our own creations. Next came the Erector Set. Mine came with a small motor which enabled me and my dad to make my very own remote control car.


My dad and I got to make such cool things together. I got the first taste of how much fun I can have with my son today as we sat together on the floor and put things together until we ran out of blocks then pulled them apart and started again. I forsee many hours of fun building together. I've heard tell of the midnight pain caused by stepping on a stray Lego on the way to the bathroom but I think even that will be worth it.



No comments:

Post a Comment