November 10, 2010

Finished!

Peanut's footie overalls are finished!  The best part is they aren't too small and she should be able to wear them for a while.  She has been getting so big I was a bit concerned she would never get to wear them.  I knit a whole lot of love in those itty bitty stitches and would have been a little bummed to see them wrapped around some someone else's baby. 

I found the pattern Pepita on Ravelry.  The instructions were well written and very easy to follow.  I found the stockinette stitch knit in the round to be relaxing in the evenings after a long day at work but they worked up quickly enough I didn't find myself bored.  The one piece design with built in socks stays put and doesn't ride up while baby is squirming and the densely knit fabric is warm and soft.  The yarn is Baby Bee Sweet Delight in Sunny.  It is a nylon, acrylic blend which is able to be washed when needed, a must for busy mommys.  I wish I had enough time to make a few more but I am sure she will have grown out of them by the time I finish. 
  

2 comments:

  1. These turned out so beautiful! And how comfy they look... perfect for cold weather days. You should post a link to this in our knit and nap forum so everyone can see :)

    ReplyDelete