November 12, 2010

What Was I Thinking?

I love daylight savings in the fall.  I got to sleep in yet still get up early enough to get a jump on the day.  Boo and I crawled out of bed, got dressed, kissed Daddy and Sissy goodby, then went to the store.  Early morning grocery store visits are excellent opportunities to teach Boo how to behave while shopping.  With fewer people comes fewer distractions.  If it's not busy I can let him walk with me instead of strapping him into the cart; we can have fun together while he learns how to be a gentleman.  Today he was quite the little helper.  He helped pick out the groceries and put them in the cart.  It was quite the shock when he showed me how tall he has gotten by putting stuff in the cart all by himself.
When we got home from our shopping excursion we made super easy monkey bread bread using Pilsbury cinnamon rolls.  This is a great recipe to use if you are ever in need of tricking someone that you can actually back.  It looks beautiful and requires very little effort.  Boo and I changed the recipe a bit this morning by using the orange rolls and craisins as opposed to regular cinnamon rolls and nuts.  We'll have to make them that way again, the craisins mellow out the super sweet orange rolls perfectly.
Later in the day after Dad had gone to work I decided Boo needed a trim.  I am not entirely sure what I was thinking, but I think it went a little bit like this... "His hair is getting really long... Travis has trimmed it before with out too much trouble... I'm a female and a Mom, I should be able to do a better job than he has done... It's just trimmers, it's not like I am going to cut his head off... He does really good when we take him to the hair dressers..."  Needless to say, Boo is no longer sporting his mohawk but is completely bald.  We started out in his highchair in the middle of the kitchen.  As I drew near with the clippers he started giggling uncontrollably.  The tighter I held his head the more he moved and soon the giggling turned into cries of "Noo way!"  After a few minutes of this I decided to try moving him into the bathroom to use the mirror as a distraction device.  This tact started out a bit better but quickly spiraled out of control and ended with him playing in the sink, me throwing my hands in the air, and Boo looking very much like his favorite cartoon "Caillou."

No comments:

Post a Comment