October 16, 2010

Two Months Old

Peanut is two months old now.  Yesterday she had her two month well child check-up.  She and I got up before the boys, had a bite to eat, got dressed, and headed out the door.  The parking garage at the hospital was of course full so we used the valet parking and went upstairs.
This time I came prepared with my knitting so we only had to wait in the waiting room for a couple minutes, about four stitches to be exact, before we were called back.  The nurse measured Peanut and weighed her.  It is pretty hard to believe only two months ago she was small enough to fit inside me.  She now weighs 12lbs. 3 1/2ounces and is 24 1/2inches long. 

She and I played together while we waited for the doctor.  She really has the most beautiful smile and when she looks into my eyes I can see she loves me.  The doctor came in and gave her a clean bill of health.  She is at the top of all the growth charts and her development is exactly where it needs to be. 
Once the doctor left it was time for another nurse and the bad part of the visit.  She got an oral vaccine, two shots in her left leg and one in her right.  The nurse did a great job.  She was quick but gentle and even came prepared with pink camoflage band-aids.  Peanut screamed her little head off but quieted right down as soon as I picked her up and gave her some love. 
I know I keep saying it but I have two incredible wonder children on my hands.  Peanut did as good with her shots as Boo does with his.  I couldn't have asked for two more special kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment