March 25, 2014

Orange For My Boy

Great minds think alike, well at least my son and I do.  We both love the color orange, so when I found this green and orange Tweed Stripes by Lion Brand in the clearance bin at Michaels I couldn't help but buy it.  I have been on a ruffle yarn kick for the last couple months so he has been a bit left out on the new sweater front of late.
This bulky yarn knit up quickly on a set of size 10 needles with a beautiful lofty feel.  I threw in a couple of basic cables around the collar, cuffs, and raglan seams to make it special and tried out an overlapping collar.  He says it's comfy and soft but would be happier if it was just a bit more orange.  It was just warm enough to keep him nice and toasty this chilly spring afternoon so we could take a take a short walk around the block.








No comments:

Post a Comment