December 05, 2010

A Really, Really, Really Long Night

I recently mentioned Boo's new talent for opening doors but last night he took his talent to a whole new level.  He managed to escape from his room at least five times between the hours of one and five last night.  I know I may sound like a bit of a whiner because I didn't get any sleep but I am mother to two wonder children who almost always sleep through the night, I'm just not used to this. 
It all started shortly after Travis came home from work.  I was working on the last of my Christmas knitting and waiting for the dryer so I waited up to spend a little time with him.  Shortly after our heads hit our pillows we were out.  A little while later I awoke to the sound of our bedroom door opening and my giggling little man pulling me out of bed to come help him turn on the Wii. 
Now, I don't know about you but I'm a bit frighted that my not quite two year old is able to do the things he can with all the electronics in the house.  By the time he dragged me out of bed he already had one of the Wii remotes out and turned on along with the Wii console and the TV.  When we got into the living room he handed me the remote to the TV so I could help him switch the signal to hook up to the Wii.  After I picked my jaw up off the floor I scooped him up in my arms and tucked him back into bed. 
My suspicions that it was going to be a long night were confirmed about an hour later when I was again yanked from sleep to the sound of our bedroom door opening.  It was Travis' turn this time.  I elbowed him in the ribs and he whisked Boo back to his room and deposited him in bed.  We took turns doing this at least three more times.  I'm a little hazy about all the details but I do clearly remember after the last time I put him back to bed I laid my head down on my pillow while snuggling back into the covers only to hear the sound of my dreaded alarm. 

No comments:

Post a Comment