January 13, 2012

I'm Engaged!

I had definately been having a "Friday the thirteenth" kind of day. Nothing really bad had happened, it was just that things didn't exactly go right. I had about fourty minutes left before I could close the store when he came in, a glass rose in hand.

"How did you know I needed this today?" I said, reaching up to hug him.

"There's a card." he said. I dropped my arms from around his neck and looked down. There was a red heart tied around the stem that said "I Love You" and when I opened it the words "will you marry me" were written inside.

"Yes!" I wrapped my arms around him again and tried to fight back the tears. I could feel him struggling to pull something out of his jacket so I reluctantly let him go. He pulled out a black velvet box with two rings in it.

"You have to pick one." he said.

"Their both beautiful. How do I choose one?" I choked out.

"Is she crying?" Cana said from two aisles over.

"Yes" he said and I nodded. We were both shaking so I suggested we go outside. We held each other for a few minutes more before I could see Cana being swamped by customers.

"I have to go back in, I'll see you at home." I kissed him and went back into the store to be of no help at all. It's hard to work when you are shaking. I managed to push a broom around and call my family before we locked up and I rushed home to be with my fiance'.

No comments:

Post a Comment